Shop This Look: Navy & Fuchsia
Good evening you lovely lot.
It’s been a while, but I fancied putting together another Shop This Look and it just had to be this one.
Writing the post for the Navy & Fuchsia Mood Board, I could really picture a Victorian London Terrace hallway and so without a further ado, here we are…
- Soft Blue Wall Paint – Albany Cirrus Vinyl Matt Paint
- Dark Blue Wall Paint – Albany Mid Knight Vinyl Matt Paint
- Coat Hooks – Maison Du Monde EDISON Metal Industrial 3 Hook Rail £29.99
- Ceiling Pendant – BHS Burst Easyfit Light £45.00
- Agate Art – Desenio Pink Agate Poster 30x40cm £11.95
- Neon Sign Art – Desenio Neon ‘Stick With Me’ Poster 50x70cm £21.95
- Flamingo Art – Desenio Flamingo Poster 30x40cm £11.95
- Vase – Trouva Menu Folded Vase £79.95
- Clock – Made.com Aurelia Alarm Clock in Brushed Steel £15.00
- Table Lamp – John Lewis Croft Collection Selsey Dome Touch Table Lamp £75.00
- Console Table – Wayfair Hokka Designs Console Table £133.99
- Floor Tile – Topps Tiles Henley Ice Tile £8.90 per tile
- Doormat – Amara Artsy The Doormat Company Star Doormat £25
*Plus of course, the pièce de résistance… a simple way of wall mounting your road bike, such as with two wooden pegs like these I found on t’internet.
My friend’s boyfriend is quite a keen surfer and so, in their very lovely London apartment they’ve found a way to store two of his boards in a pretty arty way and actually use them to introduce wonderful pops of colour in their otherwise calm scheme.
So I can’t really take any credit for this one, I absolutely love the way they’ve taken a very practical solution and embraced it as a main feature of the room. One of his surfboards is in fact in their hallway, so you could say I’ve completely stolen the idea for mounting a road bike on the wall!
This look is definitely a little bit out there for me. Rewind a year and I would never have put something like this together but I really do love it! I can imagine walking into this hallway after a long day in the office, and a typically British drizzly commute home (obviously on my snazzy road bike! *when did I take up cycling?) and it putting a big smile on my face. Just me?
I’ve tried to stick to the concept quite closely, so you’ll notice black ‘spoke’ like table legs, the pendant made me think of the jellyfish and the alarm clock reminded me of some sort of dial on an old fashioned push bike. But for the most part I just went with what drew my eye, and feel I’ve created quite a ‘cool’ scheme. Probably way too cool for me, but we’ll go with it.
I’d love to hear what you think of this one, let me know in the comments! ♥